Monday, August 27, 2007

Nancy's Story from New Jersey

My dear friend, Nancy, who is an R.N. is so full of life! She was always the one to arrange all of the Christmas parties for work and collect donations for sick friends. That all changed when her daughter was one year old. She heard the news no one wants to hear, "you have breast cancer, which is in the nodes.”

So...like Nancy, the girl full of life, she started her treatment of radiation and chemo. With two small children in toe she got through it with the help of her family. She was my maid of honor and wore her wig at my wedding!

Years later, the cancer returned to the other breast. Now with two mastectomies behind her and treatment once again, she begins to fight like a trooper. Unfortunately, she works through it all.

The cancer has spread to the bone, then her lung, then they found it in her liver. She was very sick, and I did not think she could make it out of this dark, dark, place. But, she kept fighting. She is at home now...unable to work and has hone health aids to help her.

Nancy is such a special person. She is like my sister, and I draw strength from her. Please consider her for your support for one year. She has done so much for others and deserves some kindness too. I love her and hope she is around for many, many years.

Minehill, New Jersey

No comments: