Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kelti's Story from Utah

My name is Kelti Huber. I just recently got tested and was positive for breast cancer. Before I was tested, I moved from Provo to Vernal to be with a family member who has kidney and liver cancer. I am staying in a camper trailer in their driveway with no heating or cooling. The first couple of weeks I moved out here, my truck broke down and the insurance would only pay for 6 percent of it. My children have all grown up so I can’t get approved for anything. I was working at Seven-11 but am now on medical leave. I had surgery June 4 and had the mastectomy and reconstructive surgery done. I have had two chemo treatments and have three more. A week after my last one I will have to stay in Provo for six weeks for radiation. My two biggest supporters are my two children Timothy and Stella. My hart goes out to all the women and their families who have and are going through this also.

Vernal, Utah

No comments: