Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Best Friend Tricia's Story from Maine

My best friend Tricia has been battling breast cancer for eight years. She was diagnosed when she was 26 and quickly went from a Stage 2 to Stage 4. She is an amazing young woman and epitomizes what it is to be a fighter. I tell her all the time that she is not a victim, not a survivor, but a conqueror of this disease.

I am a Special Event Producer based out of Boston, MA. I am hosting a very large event in honor of breast cancer awareness month. The event is called "Fighting & Fabulous" and will be held on October 20, 2007. My personal inspiration behind the evening is Tricia.

We are hosting this event to honor more like her who are truly making a difference in the lives of breast cancer patients and their families. The evening will benefit The Ellie Fund, a local charity that helps women battling this depilating disease. They provide transportation to chemo treatments, housekeeping, daycare, meals, etc. to breast cancer patients and their families all FREE OF CHARGE. The program is amazing and truly makes a difference in the day to day struggles. I would love the opportunity to speak more with you about our event and hopefully find a way to publicize your products and program. I can be reached via phone or e-mail and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Milton, Maine

No comments: