Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Judith's Story

My story is not the worst in the world for people, but to me it was devastating. I was diagnosed on May 1 and went to the surgeon within two days. After the biopsy to confirm the diagnosis, I had a lumpectomy only to find out it was not successful. Another lumpectomy, I was told, would take care of the situation. A few days after this surgery, I was told by my surgeon the surgery had not been successful either. About four weeks later I underwent a full mastectomy and reconstruction. This meant that I had had three different surgeries for my cancer in six weeks. I was really tired by this time. Because of the node biopsy, I didn't need further treatment after the surgeries which was wonderful for me. It just seemed to be a very long drawn out affair. I am very well now and hope to remain cancer free for the rest of my life.

No comments: