Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Linda's Story from Indiana

I am a 55 year old woman with breast cancer. I am going through chemotherapy and radiation treatments at the present. I was stunned when I was told I had breast cancer. All I could think of was that I was going to die and not be able to see my granddaughter grow up.

My granddaughter is my reason for going through this ordeal. She keeps me in perspective. She tells me everyday that she wants me to get better so that I can play more with her. My daughter and I had promised to take her to Disney World when she turned five, which will be August 5, 2007, but will all of the additional expenses we are not able to take her. She said, “it’s okay grandma I just want to be better and you can take me later.” I just hope that I can do that with her someday.

I do have a job and health insurance, and I am grateful for that. With the many ugly faces of chemo I have missed a lot of work and pay. In February of 2007 I also fell on ice and broke my back and knee in two places. This kept me from working for six weeks also without pay. I am now behind in all of my bills, and find it extremely hard to find financial assistance. I search websites, and call every lead I have been given, but have had very minimal success.

A gift like this would be an absolute blessing in my life. I would be able to pay the mounds of bills and all of the additional hospital, doctor, co-pays and co-insurance bills I have incurred since the cancer. It is so very stressful to work, drive, keep house, and just get through these rough days. Now the stress of not having enough money to pay for normal expenses is really taking it's toll on me. It is so embarrassing to ask that your electric or phone not be turned off that you are doing the best you can, but unless you have been in those shoes yourself it is hard to understand. I have to decide if I can order my medicines (15) or pay rent or to buy groceries. I do keep praying and hope that my prayers will be heard and answered someday. Any consideration to my request for help would be truly and honestly appreciated.
God Bless your efforts for making the lives of those less fortunate a little easier.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana

No comments: