Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Michelle's Story from California

My sister Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. She had a lumpectomy, radiation and chemotherapy. She remained positive and never felt sorry for herself or expected others to. She encouraged me and other family members to get a BRCA genetic test to see if we had the same mutated chromosome that she has.

She has just learned she has another growth in the same breast, it is larger than the first and she will opt to have a double mastectomy if need be.

She has been through so much this past year and still has remained unchanged in her zest for life, her love of her only grandchild and her concern for all of her family and friends. She is a truly remarkable person and I hope and pray we have her around for many more years to love. I am sure emotional, financial or home help would make her life easier. She is a pillar of strength and a wonderful role model to me. I love her more than words can say.

Camino, Califonia

No comments: