Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Virginia's Story

My oldest sister passed away with breast cancer. I took care of her for 3 months this was in 1991 or 1992, I can't remember. My husband and I moved to UT in 1994 in 1998 I found a lump in my left breast. I have always had my my check ups. I went to the doctor and he found that I had cancer, so he did surgery. At that time he did a partial mastectomy and I had to have radiology. Here I am in UT and no family and I had to drive about 40 miles one way, but you know what, I made it! I had the most wonderful therapist, so good to all that seen them. Then in 2005 a lump came back so the doctor removed my left breast. Well, I was lucky my oldest daughter came and helped me.

I am thankful every day that I had a wonderful doctor here in UT. It also helps to have wonderful husband. We just found out last year that my sister-in-law has breast cancer. I have one thing to say to all women: Please check your breast and have your doctor check them also. If my sister would have gone to the doctor when she first found the lump she my still be with us. If there is anyone in my area that needs a ride to their doctor or any kind of help, I will help them in any way that I can. As of the first of 2008, my doctor said I am cancer free. God Bless everyone.

No comments: