Thursday, July 24, 2008

Charlotte's Story

Hi, my name is Charlotte & I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in my right Breast in 1999 which I found myself doing self exams. I went to the Drs. & they confirmed it was Cancer, I underwent a Mysectomy & Chemo & 5yrs. of Tomixifin & was cured Yea.!!!!!!!!!!!!! & I had reconstructive surgery a year later. That Chemo was tiring & I lost my hair, but I was alive. I learned that nobody is immune to this horrible disease. I was on cloud nine because I was cured. Well, here it is 2008 & in Feb. while doing my self exam I found a lump in my left breast, I was devastated.!!!!!!!! & this was after just having a mammogram & ultra-sound in Jan. So Feb. or March not sure, I found the lump, anyway I immediately went to Dr. & yup it was Cancer, so had another Mysectomy on left Breast & started reconstructive surgery & am now on round 3 of 8 rounds of Chemo & then radiation, this was was a little wose then first one. I lost my hair about two weeks ago, am trying to be positive, but have my moments. But I'am a SURVIVOR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: