Thursday, July 24, 2008

Charlotte's Story

Hi, my name is Charlotte , and actually I'am both a Breast Cancer survivor & currently have Breast Cancer again. I was first diagnosed in 1999 in my right Breast, they did a mysectomy & I went through Chemo & reconstructive surgery and 5 years on tomixifan & was cured. now here I'am 9 yrs. later & while doing my self exams in Feb. 2008 I found another lump in my left Breast. I went to the Drs. & you guessed it, it was again Cancer, a little worse this time, So am now undergoing 8 rounds of chemo, on round 3 now. & then radiation. am also in process of reconstructive surgery again. I lost my hair about two weeks ago. This Chemo is hitting me pretty hard, But I'am a SURVIVOR & will be fine. I have my pitty party moments, but mostly am pretty positive! I don't believe in quitting! This Chemo is hitting me pretty hard, tired all the time, & this chemo makes my throat very sore, which makes it hard to eat or swallow. My greatest challenge now has been the tiredness, & sore throat & the burden I feel I'am putting my family. my significant lesson learned would be I should have insisted last time for the Dr. to take both Breasts, & you can get it again & how very important self exams are.!!! & I also believe I'am here to help other women with their diagnosis & to give them encouragement. With my wonderful husband support & my family support I will SURVIVE! I refuse to give up! You are not immune to this horrible disease after the 5 year period. My advise to other women is don't stop getting mammograms & more importantly always do self Breast exams, they are very important! I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS & I WILL SURVIVE!

No comments: