Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dorothea's Story

Hello, My name is Dorothea. I am 41 years old and I have breast cancer. I have been fighting this disease since June of 2007. I have lost everything. My son has moved in with his father because I cannot pay the bills. My long-time boyfriend gave me the boot, said he could not stand to look at me anymore because I had lost all of my hair from chemo. After 17 years with this man he asked my Mother to ask me to leave!

I finished chemo after five months of treatment, had both of my breasts removed, and now I have begun chemo again! I feel like I'm loosing this battle. Sometimes I think I should just end it so I wont have to put my son through the pain of seeing me sick anymore, but I can't give up. I wonder how I'm going to endure another seven months of chemo, how will I pay for it with no money? My Mother has given everything she has and now she is broke, where do women go for help? Why? I want to know WHY? How can there be no help for women dying of breast cancer. I see all of the walks for life on TV but where is there help for people like me?

I live everyday praying for a cure,but until there is one, I will keep fighting. I hope if anyone who has breast cancer reads this, NEVER GIVE UP! Hope is a wonderful thing! God is holding all of our hands and as long as we have God, we will always be ok! All of my love to everyone battling breast cancer!

No comments: