Monday, October 8, 2007

My Mother's Story from Batavia, New York

About six years ago my mom went for her annual mammogram. They found a lump in her right breast. After the doctor told her, she called me. Ever since then we went to her appointments together.

We went to have her biopsy done, and I had the chance to look at it. To me it looked like the size of a golf ball. It was hard and nasty looking. The test showed cancer. Then, we went to a surgeon and talked about what options to take. MY mom chose a mastectomy.

After it was removed, she went to see an oncologist. He said because it was cancer and it wasn’t too bad he still gave her tomozifin. It’s been six years and she is still here with us today. I am doing things that involve breast cancer awareness through my employer. I believe God had his hand on my mom and also thank God for programs like Healthy Living that help women of all ages. They helped my mom when she didn’t have any health insurance and needed help. (Healthy Living is part of my employer and I help then out doing breast cancer awareness.)

Enjoy your time with your mom, friend or sister because something like this could come.

Batavia, New York

No comments: