Friday, August 8, 2008

Jessica's Mom's Story

I'm writing my story for my mom....

My mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the last 5 months. She is a stage 4. The way she found it is she shut the car door on herself, and when the bruise wouldn't go away or stop hurting she went in. The doctor gave her the news a couple of days later. I have 8 siblings in my family, 4 older sister and 4 younger brothers. I remember when I was driving home from a friends one day my sister called me and told me to pull over. I think I cried for the next 2 weeks. It was hard cause we heard one bad thing after the other. When they first took the tumor out we thought ok that wasn't that bad, then we found out there were 2 tumors. A few days later we found out that it was in her lymphnodes. Still we kept up the spirit that ok hopefully it hasn't gone past that. A few days pass and we find out that it is in more places. That its in her bones and her liver. Then the doctor says well it might be in the heart and the brain. I felt like my whole world was crashing down. That she had to go through all these tests and there wasn't anything I could do. I knew that it if it was in her brain she would not go through the chemo. So my family got together and did a prayer for her and just prayed for the best and for her to have the courage to fight this, no matter how much bad news we were given. The news came back it was not in her brain, heart or lungs. I think that was one of the best moments. All I could think was, Mom you can fight this and beat this. I can't imagine my mom not here, when I found out, (I know it's selfish) but I kept thinking what if she isn't here for all the things I want her front row and center in my life. So I decided that I would work as hard as I could to help her in any way I could. That I would hopefully be as strong as she needs me to be, that my siblings and I will always be there for her like she is for us. She is amazing, she has the best spirit. I know she gets down and is so tired but her attitude towards fighting it, is something that is teaching me to believe. So on that note...Mom,...you can fight this...you can beat this....

No comments: